[netCDF #FDS-787321]: Empty Makefiles

Hi Miguel,

> I tried to run "make distclean" but I have no "distclean" file at all...I
> think I've deleted when I decided to start from a new source distribution in
> the past...
> I not very sure, but, it is possible to receive from you a "distclean" file?

No, there is no distclean file, it is merely the name of a rule in the Makefile
to delete files and restore the netCDF build directories to the situation you
would see if you had untarred a new tar.gz file.  The reason the distclean
target
is no longer in your Makefile is because the configure error occurred after it
had overwritten the old Makefile but before it generated all the rules in a new
Makefile.  I can't just send you a new Makefile, becasue it must be generated
from your configure options by running the configure script on your platform.

> Anyway, I will tried to run the version 4  with the unabel option, I'm sure
> that it will work.

OK, but just to be clear, if you only want the netCDF-3 data model and
programming
interfaces, then do not specify --enable-netcdf-4 to configure.  The default is
the
same as specifying --disable-netcdf-4, which I think is what you want.

> Thank you very much for your help.

You're very welcome.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FDS-787321