[netCDF #WJZ-734490]: Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data

Hi Heiko,

I've drafted an entry for fimex here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#fimex

I took the liberty of making some additions to your announcement, but
would be happy to remove those if you would rather keep only what you
have written.  I'll also make any other changes to the draft entry
that you suggest.

By way of explanation for the additions, I thought it would be useful
to point out that fimex is a C++ library, as otherwise potential users
might assume it is Java, because it provides support for features such
as NcML that have, until now, only been available through Java
libraries.  I think there may be C++ netCDF users who would be excited
to learn about the capabilities of fimex, as well as many potential
users of the fimex command-line program.

I also thought that explicitly pointing out the NcML support and a
link to other features would provide a way to distinguish fimex from
some of the other packages described on our site, such as NCO and CDO.

I am very impressed with fimex!  I recommend that you post an
announcement about it to the address@hidden mailing
list.  We could also post such an announcement if that is your
preference, with your approval of a draft first.

On behalf of netCDF users, thank you for developing fimex and for
making it freely available!  I expect it will be widely used when
others find out about it.

--Russ

Ticket ID: WJZ-734490
Department: Support netCDF