[UDUNITS #TZY-200069]: problem in netcdf installation with intel compilers

> Dear Sir
>
> I have installed the ifort 11.0 and icc 11.0 in my work station. Now I am
> installing the netcdf-3.6.3. While installing I got the following error.
> Could you tell me how to solve this problem.
>
> configure:3596: icc --version >&5
> icc: error #10149: option '-cxxlib-gcc' not supported with the current
> installed GCC
> configure:3600: $? = 1
> configure:3607: icc -v >&5
> Version 11.0
> configure:3611: $? = 0
> configure:3618: icc -V >&5
> Intel(R) C Intel(R) 64 Compiler Professional for applications running on
> Intel(R) 64, Version 11.0    Build 20081105 Package ID: l_cproc_p_11.0.074
> Copyright (C) 1985-2008 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.
> FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
>
> configure:3622: $? = 0
> configure:3645: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:3667: icc    conftest.c  >&5
> icc: error #10149: option '-cxxlib-gcc' not supported with the current
> installed GCC
> configure:3671: $? = 1
> configure:3709: result:
> configure: failed program was:
> | /* confdefs.h.  */
>
> Kindly help me to solve this problem
> Regards
> Vijay

Howdy Vijay!

Well, icc is telling you:

icc: error #10149: option '-cxxlib-gcc' not supported with the current
installed GCC

Where is the -cxxlib-gcc option coming from? It must be part of the icc script
or something else ifort set up, and it is not correct.

So there is something wrong with your intel C compiler, and the netCDF build
will not work until this is resolved.

I suggest contacting intel support and asking them what is going on. You should
be able to reproduce this problem without netCDF using a simple C program as a
test for the compiler.

Some other information that may be helpful:

Intel maintains a web page about how to build netCDF with their (sometimes
difficult) compilers:
http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/sb/CS-027812.htm

Good luck!

Ed