[netCDF #ZDY-362971]: Data problem

Hi Ben,

> Hello, my names Ben Laken, I am a PhD student attempting to do some
> climate modelling research, and I was wondering if you could help me
> with a query. I have a load of netCDF files of average daily girded
> climate data, they are all the same variable with the same 2D grid,
> however they are currently all individual days. Is there any software
> which could read in these currently individual files, and repackage them
> as one 3D array?

Yes, this is exactly what the NCO program ncrcat is designed to do.  A brief
description of NCO is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#NCO

and the reference documentation for ncrcat is here:

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncrcat-netCDF-Record-Concatenator

Yu might have to use a diffferent NCO program first to create a record
dimension
for each daily file first, before using ncrcat to concatenate the records.  Or
maybe
you can use ncecat instead:

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncecat-netCDF-Ensemble-Concatenator

There are also other similar software packages that can do this also, for
example
the CDO package:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#CDO

which has file merge operators that may do what you want.

I hope this helps.

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZDY-362971