[netCDF #OHV-990519]: large file support problems in 4.0.1-beta3?

> Russ and Ed,
>
> An update: I was able to get large file support built into
> the NetCDF 4.0.1-beta3 library by not building netCDF
> 4 support:
>
> ./configure --enable-largefile --enable-large-file-tests

Howdy Mary!

OK, this looks like a HDF5 configure file problem we have run up against. There
is now a test in the netCDF build (along with many other changes). (In fact, I
am in the process of releasing 4.0.1 today - but it will take me a few more
days to get all the final tests run on the release).

So I suggest that you try the snapshot. But to fix the problem you must rebuild
HDF5 with CPPLAGS='-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE'

Also you might want to get the HDF5 1.8.2-post8 release, which has some bug
fixes that are important for performance of netCDF-4. (Or you can wait until
the next HDF5 release).

Please let me know if this doesn't work.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: OHV-990519
Department: Support netCDF