[netCDF #KVY-259447]: Memory error writing chunks of large variable in

Karen,

If the #cells is not evenly divisible by 6, it would be better to use chunk
sizes
of (#cells/6 + 1) to make sure you don't get 7 chunks instead of 6, with the
last chunk having only a few elements.

I would expect the code to work, but we don't have much experience yet with
chunking problems.  If you could get a smaller example that fails, I could try
to reproduce it here and see what is going on.

We will be releasing beta3 in the next few days, and it has some improvements
in the setting of default chunk sizes, as well as fixes for a few other
problems
and portability enhancements.  Depending on your constraints, it may be better
to try the current snapshot or wiat for beta3.  I don't think there were any
fixes
for chunking in beta2.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KVY-259447