Re: netcdf file

Blanca,

Here's a Fortran-90 program that adds 4.0 to each value of the variable
"temp" in the netCDF file CopyOfData.nc:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/russ/public/inc_temp.f90

On my Unix system, I compiled and ran it like this.  You will have to
provide different compiler options and install locations for your netCDF
installation.

  $ f90 -I/upc/netcdf/include -M/upc/netcdf/include inc_temp.f90 \
        -L/upc/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf -o inc_temp

  $ ./inc_temp
  *** SUCCESS modifying file CopyOfData.nc!

The -I option says where the netcdf.inc file is located.  The -M option
tells where to find the netcdf.mod modules file.  The -L option says
where to locate the netcdf library.  The -l option says what the name of
the library is.  The -o option tells what to call the program after it
is compiled and linked.

Running the program took less than 1 second, and looking at the results
in ncdump indicate that it changed the values of temp as desired.

--Russ