[netCDF #RWW-909377]: 64 bit

> Full Name: stephen tjemkes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.0
> Operating System: aix
> Hardware:
>
> Description of problem:
>
> I have no problems compiling the netcdf lib using the standard
> configuration generated by the ./configure script. However, it is not
> clear to me how to configure the makefiles for 64 bit configuration. I
> tried several ways as suggested in the INSTALL document, but it all
> fails.  I get lots of errors containing:
>
> " Unrecognized storage class 111"
>
> I am interested in getting a library suitable for working with large
> files as normally invoked by setting the -q64 option with the xlf90
> compiler. Can you help me
>
> thanks
>
> stephen

First do a "make distclean" to get back to a clean state.

Then set whatever options you want in CFLAGS, FFLAGS (for F77), FCFLAGS (for
F90) and CXXFLAGS (for C++).

Then rerun configure and make check.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: RWW-909377
Department: Support netCDF