[netCDF #MEU-519242]: How to configure Xcode, C++, netCDF together.

Hi Wenfang,

I'm not familiar with using the Xcode tools on Mac OS X either,
so I'm not sure how to add your netCDF installed library.  The
Xcode linker will have to find both libraries libnetcdf_c++.a
and libnetcdf.a, and presumably you have both of those installed
in /usr/local/lib.  It's typically not enough to just identify
the library with -L/usr/local/lib, you also have to specify which
libraries, with something like

  g++ ... -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf ...

and I don't see those libraries mentioned on your g++ invocation.

The following command line should work, so if you can get XCode to
generate something similar, it should solve the problem:

  g++ -I/usr/local/include simple_xy_wr.cpp -o simple_xy_wr \
      -L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf_c++ -lnetcdf

--Russ

--Russ

Ticket ID: MEU-519242