[netCDF #TYX-942858]: NetCDF 4.0, gfortran,Cygwin, undefined reference

> Just so I am clear, there is no Fortran-90 (e.g. gfortran) interface for
> native Windows, but a Linux version should work with Cygwin. And my problem
> there is that there are no 32 bit versions. And so I have to build my own.
> Is that correct?
> Thanks.
>
> Lou

Howdy Lou!

As you point out, cygwin is not windows, and an F90 API is no problem under
cygwin.

I suggest you build from source the 4.0 release you have, without the
--enable-netcdf-4 option, and without bothering with HDF5 at all.

It should use whatever F90 compiler it finds in the cygwin environment to build
the F90 API.

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: TYX-942858
Department: Support netCDF