[netCDF #TOQ-874116]: Can NetCDF Work with HDF Within One Application

William,

Sorry I was wrong about just leaving off -lmfhdf.  You might get a
better answer for how to avoid netCDF-3/HDF4 name clashes from the
HDF Help Desk, who I am Cc:ing on this response.  (You may have to send
them your email address for a response, as I believe our support
system removes email addresses as a spam avoidance strategy.)

> If I install netCDF-4, will the netCDF-4 library work with my existing
> HDF4 (version 4.2r1), which was installed WITHOUT the --disable-netcdf
> flag?

The netCDF-4 library is a backward-compatible superset of the netCDF-3
library, so it will have the same name collisons as in the HDF-4
mfhdf library.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TOQ-874116
Department: Support netCDF