[netCDF #CTQ-919794]: Error in installation of netcdf4.0 using PGI

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to install the netcdf4.0 using PGI Fortran Compiler and I am
getting the following errors

> configure: setting up Fortran 90
> checking for Fortran flag to compile .f90 files... unknown
> configure: error: Fortran could not compile .f90 files
>
> I tried inspecting the log but could not derive anything conclusive. Kindly
help.

> I have attached the config.log file for you reference.
>
> Vinit Asher.

Howdy Vinit!

As it says in your config.log:

configure:5740: pgf77 -c -g  conftest.f90 >&5
pgf77-Error-Fortran 90/95 files must be compiled with pgf90 or pgf95:
conftest.f90

You are trying to use pgf77 to compile F90 code. That won't work.

Try setting FC=pgf90 and F77=pgf77, then run "make distclean" and rerun
configure, and see how it works.

NetCDF is known to build with PG compilers - it is one of our nightly tests.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: CTQ-919794