[netCDF #GGP-512905]: netcdf 3.6 usage problem

Hi Julien,

The netcdf-3.6.3 release built and tested successfully on our AIX platform,
as the five AIX outputs that are accessible from this page show:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/snapshot/

I'm not sure why the "__uitrunc" function is not found.  I believe this is a
function call generated by the C compiler to handle assigning a floating-
point value to an unsigned char.  Since the compiler generates the call,
the function should be defined in the C run-time library, or maybe the
math library searched when "-lm" appears on the link line.

Maybe there is an update needed to your AIX development environment to
make sure it has the needed library support to assign a float to an unsigned
char.  You could try compiling and linking a simple test program to see if
this is supported, and if not, get the necessary updates.

The python problem probably has the same root cause.

--Russ

Ticket ID: GGP-512905
Department: Support netCDF