[netCDF #EYT-771069]: problem library

Hi,

You haven't said, but I assume this is on a Mac OS X platform.  It
looks like you are trying to mix a library from a "fink" package
distribution (in /sw/lib) with an ncdump from somewhere else, or maybe
you have copied an ncdump executable from a Mac without also copying
the shared library it requires.  For other possible causes of this
error, see:

  http://www.macosxguru.net/article.php?story=20060321125056713

If you want to install a binary distribution, without compiling the
library and utilities from source, I suggest you install the released
version of netCDF-4.0 for Mac OS X for either the i386 or power
macintosh platform from the binary downloads page at:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_0/

If you want to build from source instead, you can download the source
distributions from the top of the same page, but if you need netCDF-4
features, you will first have to build the HDF5 library, as explained
there.

If something goes wrong when building netCDF, how to fix it depends on
when the problem occurred.  Recall that there are several steps to
building netCDF from source:

 1.  Run the "configure" script
 2.  Run "make check"
 3.  Run "make install"

If there's a problem when running the configure script, you can just
fix the problem and rerun the configure script.

If there's a problem while running "make check", just fix the problem
and then run "make distclean" before rerunning "make check" or
starting over with the "configure" script.

If there's a problem when running "make install" you can typically
just fix the problem (often a permissions problem with trying to
install somewhere you don't have write access) and then rerun
"make install".

There is also support for "make uninstall" if the configure script has
completed.

Sorry, but we don't develop or maintain the NCO library, so for NCO
questions you will have to consult the NCO documentation or support
system.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EYT-771069
Department: Support netCDF