[netCDF #DNU-887183]: NCO

> Hello Support,
>
> I have a netcdf file with some variables packed using the CF
> convention.  I need to create a new netcdf files with these
> variables as unpacked. When you have some time can you let me
> know how to do this using the ncap2 operator?
>
> For example, I have a variable "air" with metadata
> "air:scale_factor" and "air:add_offset".
>
> I want to perform and operation like the following:
>
> air * air:scale_factor + air:add_offset
>
> Perhaps it is something like this:
>
> ncap2 -s ???air * air:scale_factor + air:add_offset???
> in_packed_variables.nc out_unpacked_variables.nc
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> -- Michael
>

> ***********************************
> Michael Routhier
> CSRC EOS, Morse Hall, Room 253, UNH
> Durham, N.H. 03824
>
> Phone # (603) 862-1954
> E-Mail  address@hidden

I'm sorry, I really can't help with NCO, these are tools developed and
supported by another group entirely. Unfortunately I don't use them much myself
(because I am a programmer, not a scientist) and I don't really know what they
can do. Their contact information is here:

http://nco.sourceforge.net/#Contact

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: DNU-887183