[netCDF #DTZ-193910]: putting integer value in netCDF

Sujata,

> Instead of a floating point number, suppose I want to put an integer,
> (Suppose, 200), then what should I specify?

I'll assume you are still asking about a global attribute named NX and using
the netCDF-2
Fortran-77 interface.  In that case, you could use something like:

  call ncapt(cdfid, ncglobal, 'DX', NCLONG, 1, 200 , rcode)

as documented here, for the old version 2 F77 interface, when integers were
referred
to as "longs":

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/guide_10.html#SEC77

If you used the current netCDF-3 Fortran interface, you could use something
like this:

  rcode = nf_put_att_int(cdfid, NF_GLOBAL, 'DX', NF_INT, 1, 200)

as documented in the netCDF-3 Fortran-77 Users Guide under NF_PUT_ATT_type

--Russ

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-f77.html

Ticket ID: DTZ-193910
Department: Support netCDF