[netCDF #WWH-847975]: 64 bit build on AIX does not honour ARFLAGS

> Full Name: Peter Farrell
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.6.2
> Operating System: AIX 6.1
> Hardware: power5
> Description of problem: using environment variables, and attempting to build
a 64-bit environment on AIX, compilations succeed but constructing the library
fails.  See the file make64.txt.

> Not unexpectedly, setting OBJECT_MODE=64 succeeds, as this overrides default
ar settings.

Howdy Peter!

Could I ask you to try the 3.6.3 beta release (or the daily snapshot), to see
if this problem still occurs?

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-beta.tar.gz

The problem you describe is happening at the libtool layer, and there has been
a major upgrade of the libtool library between the netCDF 3.6.2 and 3.6.3
releases. So hopefully they have fixed this problem for us. ;-)

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: WWH-847975
Department: Support netCDF