[netCDF #NRQ-166824]: compiling issue __divdi3

Brian,

> Is there an option in the make install to link to a non-standard
> location for libgcc.a?

No, and I don't think user applications or libraries should
explicitly link to libgcc.a or its shared version.  The gcc
compiler should be built to know where libgcc, its runtime
library, is installed.  If it's installed in a nonstandard
place that gcc doesn't know about, you may have to set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before compiling, but
that's undesirable for various reasons.

I don't undersatnd how a properly configured and installed
gcc would have libgcc installed somewhere it couldn't find.
Maybe someone built gcc from source, but forgot the "make install"
step, choosing instead to just move gcc to /bin, or something
similar.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it to work, but you should not have
had to find out and use the location of libgcc.a.

--Russ

Ticket ID: NRQ-166824
Department: Support netCDF