[netCDF #LJI-411152]: netcdf-3.6.2 install failure on cygwin

Kara,

The fact that the error is intermittent, even though failing in the same
general area, would seem to indicate a problem with your platform
rather than with your netCDF installation, since all the netCDF tests
you are running are deterministic and should behave the same way on
subsequent runs.

Things that could cause intermittent errors include running the tests in
a shared directory at the same time someone else is running the same tests,
running the tests on a shared file system that is close to being out of
space at the same time others are creating and deleting files on that file
system, running the tests on a remotely mounted file system from a server
that is misbehaving or misconfigured or over a network connection that is
flaky, etc.

The error "Permission denied" is Cygwin's translation of a Windows
"Aceess denied" error, and might be triggered by other conditions than
the Unix error, for example trying to delete a file you don't have
permission to delete, which is not a capability that can be directly
mapped into Unix permissions, though permission to write the parent
directory is the way Cygwin maps this, as far as I know.

Sorry we can't provide a more definitive diagnosis, but I think the
problem lies elsewhere ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: LJI-411152
Department: Support netCDF