[netCDF #LJI-411152]: netcdf-3.6.2 install failure on cygwin

Kara,

I wrote:
> Also, you may want to try a netcdf-3 snapshot release more recent than
version 3.6.2,
> as some problems with cygwin were fixed in later distributions:
>
> ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

but that's just a link to the 3.6.2 release.  I should have written:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-daily.tar.gz

but note that that snapshot has not actually been tested on Cygwin, so I
think it would be better to first try to get 3.6.2 working on your Cygwin
installation ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: LJI-411152
Department: Support netCDF