[netCDF #CWQ-443437]: ncgen problem

Hi David,

The syntax for declaration of a global attribute is wrong.  Where you have

// global attributes:

        grid_type = "REGULAR" ;

it should instead be

// global attributes:

        :grid_type = "REGULAR" ;

(that is, you need a ":" before the name of the global attribute).

With that fix, I think everything will work fine.  I just tried it with the
current netcdf-3.6.2 version, and

  ncgen -f NetCDF_2d.cdl > ng.f

generated a Fortran-77 program, ng.f, that compiled and ran just fine, creating
the file NetCDF_2d.nc, which when run through ncdump showed the file was
created that matched the CDL you specified.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CWQ-443437
Department: Support netCDF