[netCDF #EDF-829500]: installation problem

> Dear Sir,
> >
> I am trying to install netcdf in SGI Altix (ia64/Linux
> MPP) with Intel titanium. But I am unable to install
> the libraries in the same machine. I am also not
> finding netcdf pre-binaries for the same. I would like
> to request you to suggest me for the same.
> >
> > Thanking you
> > Yours Sincerely
> >
> > Sudhanshu
> > Chandigarh, India

> Dr. M. S. SHEKHAR
> Scientist 'C'
> Snow & Avalanche Study Establishment
> DRDO R & D Centre, Him Parisar
> Sector 37A, Chandigarh

Howdy Dr. Shekhar!

Sorry, but we only have a limited number of machines to generate binaries on.

We sure don't have any Altix supercomputers, and this is the first time I've
heard of Linux MPP (but I think it's great!)

I don't know if we have any titanium CPUs. I have asked our knowledgeable sys
administrator.

I suspect that your best bet would be getting it from your package manager from
your software repository. If it is not there, then you will have to build from
source. Get the latest netCDF tarball:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.gz

Follow the instructions here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions-for-Installing-NetCDF-on-Unix.html

Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Thanks,