[netCDF #QEA-741463]: NetCDF4 Structural Overhead

Roy,

I agree, that size seems excessive, maybe 20 or 25 times larger than I would
expect.

I don't think there is any overhead added by the netCDF-4 layer, so I'm
guessing this
is HDF5 overhead.  We will have to investigate.  Can you send us an ncdump, or
at
least what it looks like for the main group and a couple of subgroups?
Thanks!

By the way, we haven't forgotten our questions to netcdfgroup about ragged
arrays in
Fortran.  Ed just returned and I'm hoping he wil be able to answer it this
week, though
he's got an all day meeting tomorrow ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: QEA-741463
Department: Support netCDF