[netCDF #MMJ-142224]: netcdf configure on Windows Computer Cluster

Hi Kirk,

We don't have Interix installed here and don't test with it, so we
can't reproduce the problem you are seeing.  However, we have some
user reports of success installing earlier versions of netCDF on
Interix, and they may work with the current version as well:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#interix-xp

and

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#interix

Our tests on Windows use MinGW or Cygwin rather than Interix, and we
have had success with those.

The best summary of the current state of netCDF and Windows is the
answer to this FAQ:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows

which also has pointers to some tips for building packages on Windows
with various Unix emulators and wrappers.

I hope this is some help ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: MMJ-142224
Department: Support netCDF