[netCDF #JVE-114902]: Re: netcdf & fortran

Hi Chris,

> I performed the following to get a usable f77 build. Not sure if this is the
prevailing wisdom...

Yes, that's what I would have recommended.

I think we have been able to build netCDF-3.6.2 on Linux systems using F90=g95
and F77=g77,
or just setting FC=gfortran which then gets used for both Fortran 77 and
Fortran 90 interfaces.

Mark Hadfield has reported

  Good old g77 adds two underscores to its global symbols. G95 is
  binary-compatible with g77 and also uses two underscores. Gfortran
  is not binary-compatible and uses a single underscore. However the
  gfortran -ff2c switch causes it to use two. See

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.1.1/gfortran/Code-Gen-Options.html#Code-Gen-Options
  http://www.g95.org/docs.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: JVE-114902