[netCDF #UUT-620101]: ARM float format

We will try to get it into a "snapshot release" soon.  To stay there, it will
have to
pass our multi-platform testing.

Right now our release process is in transition, since we're trying to get our a
a "final beta" 4.0 release and debating about whether to continue a 3.7 release
or just have everyone use the 4.0 release, which builds just netCDF-3 libraries
if
HDF5 is not installed.

I'll let you know when it's in the snapshot release, but I can't say for sure
whether
there will be a 3.7 release or just a 4.0 beta next.  These changes should be
rolled into
whichever of those comes out first.  An announcement will appear on the
netcdfgroup
mailing list.

The top priority for me right now is to fix a bug with byte and short variables
> 4 GiB,
but as soon as that is fixed and the tests that let it get through are updated,
I'll try
integrating your changes.  Maybe tomorrow ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: UUT-620101
Department: Support netCDF