[netCDF #HSP-129967]: [netcdfgroup] possible bug in 3.6.2 with

Hi Mario,

Thanks very much for reporting this bug and testing a fix.

I'm embarrassed to admit that I somehow missed your posting of
this problem last September, or I would have made it a high
priority to fix.  We do have a large file test for bytes
and shorts in one of our tests (nc_test/quick_large_files.c),
but the test is not adequate to find this problem.

The fix you provided is what I came up with independently, but
I need to test it more thoroughly and provide a better test for
the problem.

Again, please accept our apologies for missing your bug report the
first time.  In the future, if you send any other bug reports to
address@hidden, they get automatically entered
into our support system where they are much more unlikely to be
lost or ignored.

Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: HSP-129967