[netCDF #UUT-620101]: ARM float format

Hi Warren,

We don't have Debian or Ubuntu, so I started to try to build a QEMU
host on my Solaris 10 platform.  I haven't finished that yet and have
had to put it on the back burner to try to finish things we need
before the netCDF 4.0 release.  I've got it on my todo list, but it
looks like it will have to wait.

It would be higher priority if we had ever had another user ask for an
ARM port, but that hasn't happened yet.  Do you have users who need
netCDF on ARM devices, or is this just necessary to get netCDF
included with Debian distributions?

Also I see there will be a more conventional floating point
representation in the next generation ARM, so the problem will
eventually be solved that way.

If I get my Solaris QEMU host going, I'll play with ncx.m4 for a
little while to see if it's an easy fix.  If it's not easy, it may not
get done soon.

I still appreciate your making us aware of the problem ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: UUT-620101
Department: Support netCDF