[netCDF #QRY-923032]: netcdf library question

Hi Mark,

Yes, netCDF has been built successfully on 64-bit Linux platforms.  As a
default, the library
will be built as 32-bit, but will still be able to read and write files that
require 64-bit
offsets.  If you really want to build a 64-bit version of the library also, you
can do that
by setting the flags your compiler needs to specify 64-bit objects.  For
example, see:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#Linux_IBM

for flags needed to build a 64-bit library using IBM compilers on a Linux
system.  I don't see
where we have documented the flags needed for GNU compilers on Linux, but I'm
fairly sure it
would work with the documented GNU flags for creating 64-bit objects.  If you
have problems,
please let us know and we'll look investigate.  If you have success, please
report back on the
settings you used and we'll include them in our testing or installation
documents.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QRY-923032
Department: Support netCDF