[netCDF #YWN-562827]: configuring netCDF

> I have just downloaded the netcdf software (3.6.2). I have uncompressed and
> extracted the files. I then issued the command
>
> ./configure
>
> everyting runs through nice and quickly until it gets to
>
> checking for cl... cl
>
> Then it seems to get stuck (a program cllux is running at this point). I have
> left it over an hour and still nothing has happened.
>
> I am using a unix machine.
>
> Any suggestions as to where I'm goig wrong?
>
> Thank you
>
> Yvonne Collingham

Howdy Yvonne!

The netCDF configure is getting hung up trying to find a C++ compiler.

If you want the C++ API, then specify a C++ compiler by setting the CXX
environment flag before running configure:

CXX=g++ ./configure

If you don't want the C++ API, set CXX to '' (an empty string), like this:

CXX= ./configure

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: YWN-562827
Department: Support netCDF