[netCDF #RQJ-625597]: cannot read or write netcdf files (Linux)

> Hi,
>
> I have been given a fortran program that requires the netcdf libaries. I
> appear to have installed the netcdf package successfully on Linux, however
> when trying to read in netcdf files using the code all I am able to read in
> is arrays of zeros. When I also try to write out netcdf files I just get
> arrays of missing values.
>
> I know the code I am using is correct as the person that gave it to me can
> run it fine on their computer. I also know the netcdf files I'm trying to
> read are not corrupt as I can read them into matlab fine.
>
> When I try to read in the netcdf files, the arrays that are read in are the
> correct size, but instead of data values, the arrays are just full of
> zeros. Similarly, when I try to write out netcdf files the dimensions of
> the output file are correct, but instead of actual values the files the
> arrays are just filled with missing values.
>
> I'm using Suse Linux 2.6 i686
>
> Thanks for you help,
>
> Cameron Rye.

Howdy!

Did you build the netCDF library from scratch? If so, go run "make check". If
it works, you know that netCDF installed OK.

You can also use ncdump to check the contents of files.

You may wish to look at the example code to check that your coding is correct:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: RQJ-625597