[netCDF #QSZ-798961]: I need help

> I have to work with the files .nc on R. I have installed the package
> ncdf but it is not enough. My dataset is very large, sometimes
> "open.ncdf" refuse to show. Someone told me that I can extract files
> .nc (by NCO) so that the informations that I want to see is less
> large. But I don't know how to install NCO in R. I need really a help.
> Thank you in advance.
>
> HOANG Thi Thu Huong
> France
>

> ---------------------------------
> Check out  the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

Howdy HOANG Thi Thu Huong!

If I understand you correctly, you are having trouble using the netCDF module
in the R programming environment. Is that correct?

I'm sorry, but the R netCDF module is not supported here. Our netCDF software
page lists two R netCDF packages:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html#R

NCO is a set of command line utilities. You don't use them in R, you use them
from the command line to manipulate netCDF files. These tools are also
developed elsewhere, and more information can be found here:
http://nco.sourceforge.net/

Good luck!

Ed

NCO is a set of command line