[Staging #UWQ-633083]: [netcdfgroup] Static netcdf libraries compiled

Sarah,

I don't use Windows development tools, but according to the PGI Visual Fortran
description at http://www.pgroup.com/products/pvf.htm :

  ... PVF also automatically manages all build dependencies. PVF is
interoperable with
  Microsoft Visual C++ so Fortran sub-programs can call C functions and vice
  versa. PVF
  includes a number of DVF/CVF compatibility features including full support
  for the Win32
  API.

I'm afraid I don't know about whether you can use the gcc with a PGI Fortran
compiler on
Windows, but I know it's possible to make gcc work with gfortran by using the
-DpgiFortran
flag on the C compiles.  That would seem to imply that gfortran uses the same
conventions
for calling C functions as PGI Fortran uses, so it might work, but I can't find
any user
reports of success on Windows with that combination.

I'm CC:ing our Windows expert, who may have better advice to give ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: UWQ-633083
Department: Support netCDF