[netCDF #YTY-788071]: netcdf 4 GB variable size questions

> Hi Russ--
>
> I attached a tar file containing the fortran code.
>
> My computer has several different versions of the netcdf libraries
> installed on it.  Can you tell me how I can be absolutely certain that I
> am actually using the version that I think I am?  I have the NETCDF
> environment variable set to the version 4 library in my .bashrc file and
> I also have it in the makefile used to compile the program.  When I type
> 'which ncdump', however, it points to a different library.  Do you know
> why this happens?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> --Jason

The NETCDF environment variable might be used by other apps, but it is not used
by the netCDF library or utilities. So it doesn't matter what it is set to.

When you run the command "ncdump" the OS will look in your path and find the
first ncdump. Type the command "echo $PATH" to see your path.

What gets linked is what appears on the compile command line. It should contain
a -I option which points to the netCDF-4 include directory, and a -L option
which points to the built netCDF library directory.

In netCDF-4 you should be using the nf90_hdf5 flag, not the nf90_format_netcdf4
flag in your nf90_create call.

Let me know if this doesn't help.

Thanks!

Ed

> Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> >> Russ--
> >>
> >> Your suspicions were correct -- it is still generating a classic netcdf
> >> file both for the test program you provided and my own program.
> >>
> >> I am using netcdf_v4.0beta which was installed on May 24th.  I cc'd the
> >> person who installed it for me.  He will be able to provide more
> >> information.
> >>
> >> --Jason
> >>

> > Howdy Jason!
> >
> > Can you send me your fortran code so I can take a look?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: YTY-788071