[netCDF #YTY-788071]: netcdf 4 GB variable size questions

Jason,

Are you using the declaration

  implicit none

to make sure the 'NF90_FORMAT_NETCDF4' flag is not merely yielding the value 0
as an
uninitialized integer variable?  If you compile and run the little test program
I sent,
we should be able to determine if the resulting foo.nc file is a classic netCDF
format
file or an HDF5 filoe.  I suspect it is still a classic netCDF file.  To find
out, run

  ncdump -k foo.nc

and if the output is

  classic

the 'NF90_FORMAT_NETCDF4' flag is being ignored.  If the output is

  hdf5

then a netCDF-4/HDF5 file was created.  I still haven't determined when the
name of the
flag option was changed, but if we released a version of the F90 code in which
NF90_FORMAT_NETCDF4 was a valid nf90_create() flag, we should still be
supporting that
name as an alias for any new name such as NF90_HDF5.  Do you know if you
areusing a beta
version of netCDF-4 such as netCDF-4-beta1 or a daily snapshot version?

--Russ

Ticket ID: YTY-788071
Department: Support netCDF