[netCDF #NBD-805910]: Netcdf-4 beta: configure

> Hi Ed,
>
> Currently, the netcdf-4 configure script supports the option:
>
> --with-hdf5=<directory> Specify location of HDF5 library. Configure will
> expect to find subdirs include and lib.
>
> This is good, but not as flexible as it could be. More generally
> packages allow 1 or 2 args to the --with option:
>
> --with-xxx=INC,LIB - Specify individually the include directory and
> library directory separated by a comma
> --with-xxx=DIR     - Specify only the directory which contains the
> include/ and lib/ subdirectories
>
> This gives me the flexibility to install
>
> $(prefix)/include/hdf5/*.h
> $(prefix)/lib/libdf5.a, ...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arlindo
>
> --
> Arlindo da Silva
> NASA/GSFC Code 610.1
> Tel: (301) 614-6174
> Fax: (301 614-6297

Howdy Arlindo!

I have not seen --with-xxx used in the way that you describe, could you point
me to some packages that use it that way so I can take a look?

At the moment you could achieve this effect by setting the *FLAGS to the
directories you want, as I understand it. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: NBD-805910
Department: Support netCDF