[netCDF #LPR-530788]: Undefined reference

seemed to have some difficulties in compiling the the source code.

> > This is the source code I used to compile;
> >
> > $ ifort -O3 deform_1.f  /usr/lib/libnetcdf.a -o deform
> >
> > However, when I run the source code above and some errors come out like
this;

> > /tmp/ifortAxQu9r.o(.text+0x101d): in function 'MAIN__':
> > : undefined reference to `nf_open_'
> > /tmp/ifortAxQu9r.o(.text+0x10fe): in function 'MAIN__':
> > : undefined reference to `nf_inq_varid_'
> > /tmp/ifortAxQu9r.o(.text+0x11dd): in function 'MAIN__':
> > : undefined reference to `nf_put_var_real_'
> > /tmp/ifortAxQu9r.o(.text+0x12af): in function 'MAIN__':
> > : undefined reference to `nf_close_'
> >
> > And for your information, I have already declared the netcdf.inc file
location in my deform_1.f program. Do you have any suggestions due to what the
error might be? I really need some urgent information from you. Thank you so
much for your attention.

> > Sincerely,
> > Zaty
> >

> Howdy Zaty!
>
> The netCDF build is known to work with ifort on Linux. I suggest you try
again without the -O3 and see if it works for you.

> Please let me know the result.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ed
>
> Ticket Details
> ===================
> Ticket ID: LPR-530788
> Department: Support netCDF
>

> Hi Ed,
>
> I have followed your suggestion but unfortunately, I still get the same error
" undefined....". It make me so dissapointed. Please help me further. Thank you
so much.

> Best regard,
> Zaty

> Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo!
FareChase.
> http://farechase.yahoo.com/

Please send the complete output of configure, make check, and the contents of
the file config.log.

Please do a "make distclean" before trying to rebuild netCDF.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: LPR-530788
Department: Support netCDF