[netCDF #BUB-278306]: nc_eedge error

> 1. What sort of buffering does netCDF use?

Double buffering in user-space, implemented in libsrc/posixio.c.

> 2. How do netCDF buffer sizes compare with the default ones for
> binary reads in Fortran?

The fstat() call is used to get the sytem's preferred block size,
and that's used for the size of the double-buffer, so reads and
writes are typically half that size, e.g. 4096 bytes.  I'm not sure
what default binary reads in Fortran use.

--Russ

Ticket ID: BUB-278306
Department: Support netCDF