[netCDF #OCE-469376]: netcdf

Ben,

It looks like the cam_4D_rd_ncdf program just reads the variable values for the
first time step over and over again in the

  do rec = 1, NRECS

loop, because it never updates the "start" vector within the loop to specify
that the next record should be read.  If you just uncomment the statement

!    start(4) = rec

so that the place where the read starts is the beginning of the appropriate
time step (record) for each variable, the values for the rec-th time step will
be read in the rec-th iteration of the loop.

In the cam_3D_rd program, it looks like you have this right, with

     start(3) = rec

just before you read the variable slices from the file, so I expect the 3D
variable values may be OK.

I couldn't verify this is the problem (or even compile the Fortran-90 programs
you provided) because of various missing modules, but hopefully this will get
you going ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: OCE-469376
Department: Support netCDF