[netCDF #EGA-907172]: netCDF General - compiling netcdf

> The system is a Cray XT3 using catamount. I can't seem to compile it at all.
>
> Jason.
Howdy Jason!

Seems like your C compiler is not working well. I'm sorry, but I don't think I
can help you until you get a working C compiler. Here's a little C program that
should work:

#include <stdio.h>

int
main()
{
   printf("howdy\n");
   return 0;
}

I this program won't work, then netCDF will certainly not work.

Can you try to compile the above program and run it? If it works, email me
back. If it doesn't work, contact your sysadmin and get your C compiler
working, then try building netCDF again.

There are some other users who have done cray ports:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/other-builds.html#cray-sv1

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: EGA-907172