[netCDF #QTX-782575]: linking satellite data with info in a netCDF file

> I am trying to link some satellite position of harbour porpoises to some
> hydrodynamic varibles with is stored in a netCDF file.
>
> The netCDF file has 4 dimention (eg. latitude, longitude, bottom salinity and
> time). Time is the important dimention as the salinity (as well as other
> variables) changes over time. Then I have the satellite position of 60
> harbour porpoises tagged over the last 10 years. In GIS I can do it manually
> for each time layer but since I have 5000 satellite position that would not
> be possible. I can also look at the netCDF file in R but can't figure out how
> to link data so I can get information on the hydrodynamic variables for each
> satellite position.
>
> I have looked at unidata's webpage but can't find any anwser to my question
> or user grounp to address my question.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Susi Manuela Clermont Edr�n
> __________________________________
> Ph.D. Student
> Institute of Biology
> University of Southern Denmark
>
> Contact address:
> National Environmental Research Institute, Dept. of Arctic Environment
> DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark
>
> Phone: +45 46301945
> Fax: +45 4630 1914
> E-mail: address@hidden

Sorry, I don't have a good idea of what you are actually needing here.

Can you explain what you would like?

Do you want to write a program to do this? Or find an existing tool?

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: QTX-782575
Department: Support netCDF