[netCDF #PAJ-722670]: netCDF General - netCDF 4 beta ready for release?

> Hi Ed,
>
> Thanks for the info on this. I think we're going to go ahead and try
> netCDF4, but then issue some warnings that this is beta and that if
> they write files, they should be aware that they may not be compatible
> with later versions of HDF5 (according to the HDF5 1.8.0 beta README
> file).
>
> I'm looking forward to giving this all a try!
>
> --Mary

Howdy Mary!

The notice in the readme file is actually a bug (now fixed) in the
HDF5 files. They *do* commit to supporting files from HDF5 1.8.0
beta1.

Thanks, and let me know how it works for you!

Ed

Ticket ID: PAJ-722670
Department: Support netCDF