[netCDF #QBM-450894]: Re: requesting netcdf support - ifort 32 bit installation is failing

Steve,

Did you run "make check" after building the netCDF library from source?

If "make check" succeeded with all the tests it runs, then the library was
built successfully.  If you just want to check whether the Fortran interface
works, you can take one of the Fortran tests run from "make check" and
substitute the installed library for the library used in the tests.  Other
example programs using the Fortran-90 interface are available here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/

So for example if you download the example

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/simple_xy_wr.f90

and compile it with something like

  ifort -o simple_xy_wr.exe -I/usr/local/ifort/netcdf32/include
simple_xy_wr.f90 -L/usr/local/ifort/netcdf32/lib -lnetcdf

it should test the libnetcdf.a library in /usr/local/ifort/netcdf32/lib.

By the way, the HTML-encoded email you're sending is not being converted to
anything very readable by our SupportSuite software, so the result appears as
you see it in the quoted email below.  Could you send plain text or try a
different HTML-encoding?  Thanks!

--Russ

Ticket ID: QBM-450894
Department: Support netCDF