[netCDF #WGF-743894]: g95 windows use of netcdf dll

> Hi:
>
> I am in the process of converting several large meteoroloigcal and air
> quality models from Linux to windows OS. To do this I need to be able
> to use the f77 netcdf libraries properly. I began with the precompiled
> libraries. I immediately ran into problems with both the Lahey and g95
> compilers. Given the nonstanrds C calling of the Lahey compilers I
> expected problems, but with the MINGW g95 compiler for windows and the
> inherent use of gcc I expected things to go smoothly - they don't. I
> have attached a text file detailing my first attempts. Please give me a
> hand here since I expect that my problem is common depite it not
> showing up in FAQs and their archives.
>
> -Gary Moore (address@hidden)

Could I suggest that you start by building netCDF on your target platform,
instead of using the binaries?

In fact, each fortran compiler uses different calling conventions, so a binary
build will, in general, not work unless it is built for your target compiler.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: WGF-743894
Department: Support netCDF