[netCDF #PMS-860672]: HDF5 dataset chunking in fortran/f90

Thanks Andrew!

I hope you and your French friends enjoy netCDF-4 and find it useful.

So your major motivation for using netCDF-4 is to decrease your output size? I
would be very interested to hear how this works out for you, with numbers if
possible. (That is, how large are your files now, and how small do they get
with netCDF-4?)

We have introduced a lot of features in netCDF-4, and are not really sure how
people will use it. So any information you can give would be most interesting
to us.

Remember, we are always happy to support netCDF-4, even if it means the
hardship of a trip to London or Paris for a meeting! ;-)

(Actually I will be in Paris in early June for a meeting, so if your French
counterparts want to learn more about netCDF-4 I would be very happy to stop by
and chat with them.)

Let me know if you encounter any more problems. I will also be updating the
Fortran docs over the next few days. If you see something missing, drop me an
email and I will address it for you.

Thanks!

Ticket ID: PMS-860672
Department: Support netCDF