[netCDF #YTQ-675016]: about netcdf format

Hi again,

There are some other conversion utilities for ASCII to netCDF data that we did
not develop but that may be useful to you, if you don't want to use ncgen and
ncdump utlities.  We can't support these or answer questiona about them, but
some of them look useful.

An ASCII to netCDF converter has been developed by UNAVCO and is documented
here:

  http://geon.unavco.org/unavco/Converter/

A small C program for converting ASCII tables to netCDF is available here:

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/tbl2cdf.c

You can use NCAR's NCL software that can read ASCII data and write netCDF data:

  Read ASCII data: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/r-ascii.shtml

  Write netCDF data: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/o-netcdf.shtml

I think other example programs are available by Googling for "ASCII to netCDF".

--Russ

Ticket ID: YTQ-675016
Department: Support netCDF