[netCDF #PMS-860672]: HDF5 dataset chunking in fortran/f90

Howdy Andrew!

Thanks for the example programs! I am using them as the basis for a new set of
nc4 examples!

You are correct, there is a bug netCDF-4.0-beta1 in the F77 -> C translation
layer for the function nf_def_var_chunking. Whoops! Sorry about that.

I have fixed the F77 problem and made a first stab at documenting these
functions in the F77 manual. I am about to do the same for the F90 API and
manual.

I just wanted to let you know that I am making progress on this bug, and if you
are content to use the F77 API (for the moment) you can get the netCDF-4
development snapshot tomorrow and give chunking and deflate a try. It seems to
be working for me now.

(Don't get it now, the fix hasn't percolated into it yet.)

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: PMS-860672
Department: Support netCDF