[netCDF #TAL-431883]: Error compiling

> Well, I am using a plataform (micro computer) SUSE LUNIX 10.0, in a Pentium 3
> HT, with only 512 RAM. I am using the pgf90 compiler, however can I try use
> ifort after. I am using the binary NetCDF version 3.6.1. to x86. I didin�t
> compiling the Netcdf because I don�t have F77. The C compiler is default SUSE
> - it is gcc.
> That�s ok?
> bye

NetCDF will work with either pg or intel compilers, but you must sort out the
64/32 bit issue.

Is your fortran compiler trying to build 64-bit code? Consult the user
documentation. If so, there is a command line option which can cause it to
produce 32-bit code, which would match the netCDF library.

Or, you could build the netCDF library from source in 64-bit. Consult your C
compiler docs for how to do it.

A F90 compiler can compile F77 code, so you don't need a seperate F77 compiler
to build netCDF from scratch. Just use one or the other of the Fortran
compilers that you have, if you want to build netCDF from source.

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: TAL-431883
Department: Support netCDF