[netCDF #EMS-161050]: support for netcdf 3.6.2 and gfortran?

Hi Mary,

We have several examples of the output from successful builds on our x86_64
Linux system with gcc/gfortran v 4.1.1 using netCDF 3.6.2 (see the output for
"shecky"):

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/builds/3_6_2/

See especially the example with "--enable-shared" set which figures out what
flags are needed for shared libraries.

This should build "out of the box" with no flags set in environment variables
for any of the compilers.  That's one of the goals of the 3.6.2 distribution,
to have configure determine the necessary options so you don't have to guess
what to use. With the output you sent, I suspect the "-Df2cFortran" option in
CPPFLAGS is the problem (I'm Cc:ing Ed to see if he disagrees).  Try a "make
distclean", then unset the CPPFLAGS environment variable (or just set it to
"-DNDEBUG" and try just running "configure --enable-shared" and "make check" to
see if that works.

If not, send us the output and we'll see if we can determine the problem.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EMS-161050
Department: Support netCDF