[netCDF #TIL-287016]: Re: question about packaging for Debian

Hi Warren,

I'd like to request that you send support email and questions that may not be
of general interest to the 600 or so people on the netcdfgroup mailing list to

  address@hidden

instead.  I've manually forwarded this request to that address.

That's the email address for support questions, and we do eventually get around
to answering all of them, though when we're both gone (as was the case last
week) or one of us is out of town and the other has some non-support-related
deadlines (as I do this week) we're slow to handle the average of about 22
support questions per week that come in.  The advantage of the support-netcdf
address for you is it ensures the mail gets into our support system, you get a
ticket to refer to later and make it easy to track, and it doesn't get lost in
individual mailboxes.

We really appreciate your suggestions for improving the distribution!  Your
question about HTML docs in the tarball is one only Ed can answer, and he's
currently out of email contact.

> Can you please change the "make distclean" to get rid of the generated html
> documentation in the subdirectories of man/ just like it gets rid of the
> generated pdfs and whatnot in the man/ directory?

That's a good suggestion, and we will make that change.

Thanks again for your efforts!

--Russ

Ticket ID: TIL-287016
Department: Support netCDF